Dress up with a fabulous fishtail and a single statement earring! Set yourself apart from all of the blown out waves in the room with these fishtail braiding tips by stylist Dana Tizzio…
1. For a better braiding base, start with textured hair. Use your 1 inch curling wand and set the entire head in small sections.
2. Make sure that your braid stays put all night long by applying a texturizing wave spray such as Oribe’s “Dry.”
3. Decide on your hair part and pull your lengths over to the side it feels most natural to braid on.
4. Split hair in two sections. Put a little pomade on your hands first and run it thru for extra shine. This will help keep your layers inside the braid.
5. Begin your fishtail by taking a little section from behind one half of your parted hair and pull towards the other section. Then take hair from that section (another chunk from behind) and pull it towards the first section. Keep tension in the ENTIRE time or the braid will get loose and fall out.
6. Continue your fishtail braid down to the ends and use a small elastic to tie and secure.
7. Loosen the braid and make it your own by softly pulling at the fishtail with your fingertips. And remember…Undone is the new done up!
Makeup by master artist Francesca Roman