When the last thing you want (or can) do is your hair, make a fast upstyle your go-to. During a recent episode of the Better Show, Butterfly senior stylist Jill Engelsen shared her no-effort styling tips and demonstrated two great base looks that serve as a quick fix for unwashed or unruly hair. Give these chic, quick updo styles a try and say goodbye to the basic, boring ponytail for good!
(Makeup on Jill and models by Kate Plec)
Jill Engelsen’s Updo Step-By-Steps
1. Start with dry shampoo at the roots to take some second-day oil away.
2. Brush out bangs and fan across forehead on a piece manner.
3. Start a 2 strand twist on the side of her head and pin as you go. Repeat the same on the other side. Gather the two twists and twist up and pin in the back center of the head.
4. Finish with a light hairspray.
1. Start with either dry shampoo or dry texturizing spray at her root to give it more volume or to take oil away.
2. Part the hair where desired, and gather into a low ponytail in the back. Then spray the pony tail with dry texturizing spray.
3. Braid the pony tail and secure the end with an elastic. Then pull apart the braid.
4. Spread and place the braid onto the nape area of the head and pin as you go to create a controlled, messy up style. Finish with hairspray, shine spray and pomade (on the part for flyways).