During the holiday season, we all look for ways to shine. Even men seek a hair look that can take their winter wardrobe up a notch. For the Butterfly guys that need to clean up, or for those who want to amp it up, our best hair tip is NOT to shy away from hair product. The right products become particularly important when you want to add volume and keep your hairstyle looking full and fresh. When stylist Jason J Dougherty wants to rock his favorite tie and put his best self forward, he turns to a combination of Oribe haircare essentials to help him suit up and achieve a style that is equal parts cool and sophisticated. Read on to learn Jason’s easy steps for nailing a classic yet modern men’s hairstyle that would get a seal of approval from GQ Magazine. Channel your inner Don Draper and try it yourself to impress during the holidays, and welcome the new year with cool!
1. Start with clean, just washed hair and comb through before applying product.
2. Using a quarter-sized amount of gel serum, emulsify using your hands and apply product throughout hair.
3. With a fine tooth comb, comb through front half of hair and blow dry on a low setting. When blow drying the back half of your hair, simply run fingers through as you blow dry.
4. Spray texturizing spray such as Oribe’s “Dry” to roots at the front for a boost. Your style will thank you later. Sculpt hair with hands.
5. Apply a styling wax like “Rough Luxury” by Oribe on sides and back of hair for a polished, smooth look. Comb through if desired.
6. Finish with a medium, more flexible hairspray like Oribe’s non-sticky “Super Fine” throughout for extra shine and hold. If you don’t want to fuss over your hair or worry about it for hours at a time, say yes to hairspray to ensure a put together look that lasts. With Oribe, you also get the bonus of a sexy scent for the win!