Our salon founder and master stylist lists what you should always pack for your holiday away or when you vacation to a beachy resort destination…
Travel-size Hair Essentials: Your hair will need as much moisture as it can get when spending time in the sun and exposed to the elements. Leave in hair treatment oil for nourishment, Moisturizing shampoo & conditioner for soft hair (effective enough to treat the hair but not too heavy weight), Beach wave spray for shine and texture, Non-sticky dry shampoo spray for definition, hold, & refreshed volume (skip the hairspray) and a must for curly textures… Curl gloss (non-sticky gel) to enhance the look of wave structure and provide humidity protection to help your curls last without the fuzz.
– Mason Pearson Brush for detangling in the shower, smooth styling touches, and upstyle days.
– Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum for the face. Fatty acids help fight wrinkles and replenish your skin from sun damage by promoting cell renewal. A must for every day of your trip, morning and night.
– Hair ties in different sizes and widths – it’s important to pack a variety for your changing texture and needs during your trip. I always pack options to be one step ahead.
– Tinted Moisturizer. Laura Mercier is amazing for that natural, dewy glow!
– A color blush and contour duo (two-in-one for space saving) such as the best-selling NARS palette
– YSL Concealer stick for on-the-go touchups and brightening
– 1 basic black eyeliner and 1 fun colored liner (there is so much you can create with just the combination of the two. Single wear, double up on the same line, alternate top and bottom colors, etc)
– 1 Bright Matte Lip Color (You can also pack a moisturizing, colorless gloss for versatile results and a change in finish)
– Lash curler and mascara. Even if I do nothing else I will always at least curl my lashes and apply one mascara coat for a more fresh, awake look.
– An all-natural sunscreen/broad spectrum SPF is a must for full body coverage (hands, feet, chest – everywhere) and hair protection before even stepping foot outdoors. You will most likely be traveling with a mini size so it’s very handy to take with you as you will need to reapply!
-Pack a hair mask treatment however possible for styling and a post-swimming treatment for fatigued, dry hair. Luckily Oribe purse size products offer UVA/UVB filters for lasting sun protection which will help you beat any harsh drying effects on the hair.