Hair & Quotes by Jason J Dougherty | Butterfly Studio Stylist
The Top Knot Bun is the best accessory to showcase with your fashionable evening attire. This regal and sophisticated look will make any girl feel as striking and powerful as royalty. When the hair is pulled in tight off the neck, it allows the eye to be drawn to the supple curves of the female body. During the season when your look needs to be the most polished and glamorous (think romantic outings, formal parties, and award ceremonies), the Top Knot(ch) Bun will help you achieve the perfect “Knock ‘Em Dead” look for all fancy, festive, or fashionable occasions that come your way!
Polished and sleek knot hairstyle.
WHY WE LOVE IT: This look was seen at fashion houses from Altuzarra, Carolina Herrera, to Jean Paul Gaultier. It’s the perfect look for any party or black tie event this winter!
BEST FOR: The woman whom wants to make all eyes turns when she enters the room. She embraces her femininity yet exudes confidence, expressed by this dramatic statement.
WHEN AND “WEAR”: Formal Attire, Sophisticated Date, Weddings, Red Carpet. Pair with gowns, dress pants, power blazer – or a draped, flowing look.
TIPS & TRICKS:
1. Use a little hair oil (Oribe Gold Lust) and blowdry hair until smooth.
2. Flat iron the hair to get it more sleek and shiny.
3. Mix a generous amount of pomade and oil in your hands and apply through the hair. (Try Shu Uemura’s Shape Paste and Oribe’s Gold Lust)
4. Use a Mason Pearson Brush and smooth out the hair, brushing taught into a high ponytail.
5. Create a loose braid and wrap it around into your desired knot shape.
6. Anchor with hairpins and spray with a hairspray such as Superfine from Oribe.