Calling all Instagrammers! Join us on Instagram (@butterflystudiosalon) for a chance to score complimentary services and win luxury beauty swag from your favorite brands! Starting 7/23, we are launching a two week sweepstakes on Instagram and sharing our favorite ways to protect and revive summer hair. Butterfly Babes will have multiple opportunities to snag a prize!
Stay tuned for posts about Butterfly’s favorite solutions for treating and maintaining healthy tresses for a chance to win. We will be offering our lucky winners glam prizes to keep hair in the very best shape through the season. Ready to play? Take the following steps to enter the contest… Participation Rules:
- Follow @butterflystudiosalon
- Look for posts with our contest hashtag #winbutterfly
- “Double tap” or “Tag a Friend” for a chance to win!
Learning how to contour correctly was nothing short of a magical experience… Thanks to the illuminating tricks and bronzing tips given to us by genius/ makeup artist Tedrick Lamar, we never need another photo filter in our life! Thank you to everyone who made the night so fun and successful. Bronze on, Butterfly Babes!
If you’ve ever wondered about how others find the time to contour their face everyday, here’s your chance to be in-the-know and finally cover one of those #lifegoals! Sign up for our workshop class to learn how to “sculpt” the face and discover hands-on tips and tricks that will allow you to easily create the perfect contoured look for day or night. We will be joined by makeup artist Tedrick Lamar, who will demonstrate two versions of a beautiful bronzed look and unveil those glowy industry secrets for making sure it all looks natural.
Ready to master the art of highlighting and contouring? We will provide you with everything you need to get glowing at our event! (For those who are feeling an attachment to your makeup bag, feel free to bring your own products and tools to use during the class.) Space will be limited, so we recommend making reservations in advance. Kindly contact a client coordinator to secure your ticket. (212) 253-2100 | email@example.com
OFFER: Following the contour workshop, we are pleased to offer one-on-one summer makeup lessons with Butterfly pros Francesca Roman and Cristina Marroquin at a special value. Your individual beauty tutorial can be booked for a limited-time value of just $100 (that’s at least 50% off the normal service charge). Customize your experience with a choice of mastering a specific technique, on-trend look, or just come in to brush up on your overall skills!
Our good friends at The Bar Method SoHo and The Bar Method Midtown are offering a special discount for a limited time only. Through June, Butterfly clients may purchase their introductory offer (“New Client 30-Day Unlimited”) for just $99. Regularly priced at $195, it’s an amazing deal that will keep you looking and feeling great!
The Bar Method is a boutique fitness studio that delivers a one-hour, total body workout. (It’s the Butterfly expert’s ultimate favorite for staying strong and trim!) Classes are fast-paced and incorporate a form of interval training that maximizes caloric burn during and after every class. Suitable for varying body types, ages and fitness levels, students will achieve slimmer, leaner bodies after just a few months of regular attendance.
1) Click here to add the New Client 30 Day Unlimited to your shopping cart.
2) Login and go to your shopping cart.
3) Enter the promotion code “THANKUBUTTERFLY” and click the “Apply” button.
4) Once you see the $99 price confirmed, complete your purchase and schedule your class.
You may also call the studios directly to complete a purchase and book a class: 917-722-0866 (Midtown) or 212-431-5720 (SoHo). Please reference “Butterfly” to receive the special discount.
Image Credit: The Bar Method HQ
Read the online article: Liz Kreiger sets the record straight on the best tricks to achieve silky strands.
On May 7th and 9th, Butterfly becomes your destination for unique jewelry, vintage style, and perfect accessories to flaunt on Memorial Day – and beyond! Join us to celebrate the sexy spirit of summer and tap into your inner beach babe with style inspiration from a fabulous boho-chic collection curated by JALINE DESIGN!
Stop by on Thursday from 11am to 7pm or Saturday from 9am to 5pm – and don’t forget to enter our special TRUNK SHOW RAFFLE! If you’re feeling like a lucky Butterfly babe, then you have a chance to win a versatile accessory worth treasuring! The winner will receive a fashionable gold cuff replica inspired by one of Jaline’s vintage finds.
Shop summer statements straight from the May issue! From Jaline’s fringe tunics and handwoven textile vests to an exclusive selection of beachwear and one-of-a-kind accessories handmade by artisans.
To kick off the spring season, we partnered with our chic friends at Hooked Up Shapewear for a make-under event, where stylish babes flaunted their feminine shapes and healthy, sculpted hair waves! Special thanks to our VIP guests, beauty editors and bloggers for making the fabulous day a blast!
Top: Dawn Davis, Total Beauty
Middle: Liz Black, Refinery29
Top: Syden Abrenica, Family Circle
Bottom: Victoria Lincoln, Real Simple | Julia Fawal, Woman’s Day | Adrianna Barrionuevo, The Fashion Spot
Top: Katie, Bridal Guide
Bottom: Elaine Vaun, Vaun’s View | Pandora & Kayla, OK! Mag | Dory Larrabee, Hollywood Life
Top: Samantha Shelton, Redbook
Bottom: Caitlin Miller, Style Bistro | Julie Ricevuto, You Beauty | Soelis + Vicglamar + Milena, Mamas Latinas
Photo Booth via Digisnaps.
Create a wearable Game of Thrones inspired braided hairstyle with a few curls, twists, and the following tips by senior stylist Jill Engelsen!
1. Part the hair to your preference then start by curling the hair in vertical sections away from the face using a curling wand. You want to let the hair twist naturally as you wrap it around the wand. This will create that extra wavy texture that can’t be achieved just by using a traditional curling iron the standard way.
2. Start a twist about a 1/2 inch away from the hairline and twist towards the back of the head. Make sure to alway twist the top piece over towards the ear, then back under towards the part while grabbing more hair from the area between the part and where you want the twist positioned. Continue to grab more hair until you reach the ear, then start twisting without grabbing more hair. (You want to allow some hair to hang down untwisted in the back of the head from the crown down.)
When you start the rest of the twist, keep in mind that there are three types of twisting happening at once. First, you always want to twist the hair in each hand out, away from each other – then twist the hair from your top hand over your bottom hand (continuing the same twisting you’ve been doing, without adding more hair) and repeat. Jill says, “It will seem counter productive but trust me, that’s how it stays!” Once finished, secure with a rubber band and clip in the back of the head. Proceed to the other side, and repeat.
3. Secure both sides at the back of the head with a rubber band. Then repeat two more rows of smaller twists under the ones you just did. When done, secure them with a rubber band.
TIP: “You can cut off the rubber bands when you’re done if they’re too visible.”
4. With the three twists that are each bound in the back, carefully undo the band and twist one over the other and secure with a hairpin. Repeat with the next two twists.
5. Braid together the remaining ends of hair left over and secure with a band. Then grab a piece of hair from each side and wrap around the braid to create a stronger look and secure with hairspray on the ends.
6. Last but not least – brush the hair that is hanging loosely with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the curls and give you the look of a less contrived style.
7. Have fun with it!