We’re getting a major makeover to make your Butterfly experience better than ever! We will be renovating the salon’s interior during the months of August and September to debut a whole new look just in time for fall. During these exciting renovations at the studio, the Butterfly team will be operating from a new pop-up space we like to consider our fabulous home-away-from-home! From August 1st thru September 30th, Butterfly Studio will be up and running at:
New York, NY 10011
[ Map ]
All Butterfly services will be accommodated at our summer “HAIRcation” home through September. We will also have more team member availability on Mondays to accommodate you!
Please note that your hair and beauty experts may be working a summer schedule which can include half days. Kindly inquire should you have questions about changes to your technician’s schedule, or about our upcoming transformation.
Digital influencers Cassandra DiMicco (@dressedfordreams) and Michelle (@cremedemichelle) rocked sexy, summery Butterfly blowouts at the 10th annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in Liberty State Park! Beachy blonde by Melanie Esteban; bouncy brunette by Jill Engelsen.
STRONG IS SEXY. Girls who’ve got it going on, keep their colored strands strong and healthy! Send breakage and lackluster hair packaging fast with these celebrity-loved strengthening treatments holding a seal of approval from our experts and the colorists-to-the-stars…
SMARTBOND is our new protective and strengthening service, and a must-have for reinforcing color-treated hair. We can add SMARTBOND’s unique bond strengthening system to every color service, from single process and double process color to balayage highlights. Experience shinier, stronger, and softer results on your next visit and protect hair while coloring it!
Olaplex is insurance for your hair and a staple for the best blondes in the business. Dramatically reduce breakage after highlights, balayage, or bleach outs and make your sure your color lasts longer and looks bright and beautiful as ever… Ask for Olaplex!
Along with your choice of expert vouched in-salon hair repair, we’ll supply you with a complimentary Oribe Everlasting Color take-home kit to help you protect your investment! Available while supplies last.
Kit includes samples of Shampoo + Conditioner for Beautiful Color, Glaze, and Split End Seal by Oribe.
(212) 253-2100 | email@example.com
Or Book Instantly Online
Jenn adds: The bobs of the 90s (Think Dawson’s Creek, She’s All That, Overnight Delivery) are now back in a modern way and loved trend by celebrities like Lucy Hale, who’s rocked every current version. Back then bobs were too over the top, being over layered and over styled. Now bobs are on trend by keeping everything more one length, with longer angles around the face, and low maintenance styling. The now-outdated bob used to blown out with a round brush putting too much volume at the root, making the style appear very round and unflattering all over. Today’s bobs are cut so they can be air dried and worn with natural texture making it one of the top picks for easy chic hair. Or when blow drying, use your hands instead of a brush and then use a curling iron to get beachy waves and achieve trending cool-girl texture.
Step-by-step by makeup artist Tedrick LaMar
1. Fill in brows with NARS Brow Defining Cream in Tanami and brush product through with a spoolie to achieve a natural effect.
2. Contour forehead, cheekbones, and jawline with NARS Contour Highlighting Powder in Gienah for a chiseled look.
3. Highlight cheekbones with the lighter color from the same palette.
4. Use a bronze eyeliner such as Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Hustle to outline half of the lower lash line, extending shape to create a wing at the outer corner. Then softly smudge pigment onto lid.
5. Line lower and upper waterlines with a dark brown liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition.
6. Apply a volumizing mascara, such as Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, on outer top lashes. Coat lower lashes as well.
7. Finish with a light nude lipstick. Then outline with a darker nude color to create contrast and blend.
View original post by Yahoo Style & Beauty
Cinematographer: XO Creative via LoveStoriesTV
Between shopping for presents, holiday parties and family gatherings, it’s easy to get wrapped up in making the holidays perfect for your loved ones. Here’s where we step in and remind you to take this festive opportunity to relish the treats and enjoy a gift for yourself. We’re adding your sparkle to our list and making sure that you’re getting a shimmering share of the season’s spoils – because after another amazing year together, we know that you deserve to feel fabulous. Let’s raise a glass and celebrate YOU!
The gift with the most glitz is reserved just for you… Your first Butterfly Blow Dry of 2017 is on us! Receive a gift card for a complimentary blowout with your December purchase of 3 full-size products from any line of haircare.
HOLIDAY TREATS FOR WINTER SKIN
It’s the most glamorous time of year – and also the driest. To help get your skin holiday-ready, beauty expert Tedrick LaMar is offering a complimentary Joanna Vargas Mini-Facial along with your eyebrow shaping or makeup application this month. Eliminate dull skin and renew your complexion with the perfect boost of moisture to complete any glam or glowy look!
Pick up any 3 of your favorite (or new favorite) Joanna Vargas Skincare essentials and receive a moisturizing Miracle Bar gift! ($22 value) To balance out impurities, simply suds up with JV’s deep-cleansing charcoal soap & rinse.
The glamorous way to go from hat hair to party hair…
1. Give your hair a good foundation and start with a voluminous blow dry. Pull hair up into a loose top knot, and secure with a small butterfly clip. We recommend a clamp clip to prevent any lines of demarcation in the hair.
2. Pull on a loose fitting hat to allow space for your top knot. Choosing a softer fabric such as cashmere, silk, or angora also helps to keep things smooth and frizz-free. Butterfly founder and master stylist Kattia Solano does not suggest wool because “it so rough and conflicts with the texture of curly and/or natural hair.”
3. Pull out a few random face-framing pieces at the front to add a touch of cool to your on-the-go street style.
4. When you’re indoors, remove the hat and clip, gently shake your hair out and tease at the root with your hands to create volume. For anyone that regularly experiences static, an easy fix is to rub the inside of your hat with a light oil before putting it on.
It’s also beneficial to carry a purse-sized hairspray in your bag for extra hold or touch-ups, especially if you’re planning to make more than one stop or have a long journey to your final destination.
It has become a Butterfly Studio tradition to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month by coming together with our community. On Sunday, October 23rd, our annual Butterfly Gives Back event returns for its 6th year, and you’re invited to PARTY WITH PURPOSE by booking an appointment for your favorite beauty experience on this special day.
Transformations, big and small, can make an impact on Butterfly Gives Back Sunday. Join us for a fun-filled day at the salon and make a contribution to the fight against breast cancer with your next beauty splurge…Enjoy mimosas, brunch bites, and a bonus treat for your tresses. Anyone who books a hair service will receive a COMPLIMENTARY Kerastase Fusio-Dose instant conditioning ritual to top off that fabulous Butterfly service! ($50 value) Haircuts for kids will be offered at a special event rate of $60, making it easy to give back with the whole family. We will also be embracing the spirit of Halloween in our children’s playroom this year with spooky surprises and fun activities to keep your little monsters (tigers, fairies, etc) busy while you primp! Costumes are welcome.
There’s no better time to try a new service, book a blow dry date with your bestie, or spoil yourself with a day of pampering. 100% of every service booked will go directly to our favorite NYC-based cancer care organization: Breast Treatment Task Force. The BTTF is a nonprofit organization helping uninsured (and under-insured) New York women get the care, resources, and treatment they need to battle breast cancer.
To book, contact us at 212-253-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org