Kattia is featured as an expert judge in Mama Bonita Beauty Awards!
Don’t want to worry about your hair this summer? Let your hair down and forget the rules. The last thing you want to worry about is your hair when the beach is in sight. Despite the beauty mantra to go short or chop it all off for summer…Keep the length and save the big chop for the fall season when upkeep will be more low maintenance. Whether you tie it up, push it back, or let those mermaid waves flow, long locks are honestly easier to work with during summertime. You won’t have to grab that bottle of beach spray because you’ll already have it! Embrace the something extra the weather is enhancing your nature texture with and go easy on your hair… It’s a good time to give your mane a break. Don’t overstyle it—aim for a laid back look instead of perfection. Plus, your ends will naturally lighten up with those extra summer days worked in, which can extend time between appointments with your colorist.
Hair oil—you know when you’ve applied too much. And that’s exactly what you should do before the pool/beach or simply sunbathing: Keep it oily! AKA moisturized. Applying oil to hair generously adds extra protection from the sun and the ultra drying salt from the ocean, or chlorine from the pool. Another method o prevent hair that’s dryer than hay: Skip thoroughly rinsing out conditioner this summer. Work your favorite conditioner through post shampoo, let sit for a moment then rinse halfway to transform your conditioner into a nourishing leave-in treatment for the day. The extra product left in the hair is a great way to build-in extra protection and hydration before the pool or ocean, which works to prevent harsh water from fully penetrating and won’t dry you out as much.
Jenn adds: The bobs of the 90s (Think Dawson’s Creek, She’s All That, Overnight Delivery) are now back in a modern way and loved trend by celebrities like Lucy Hale, who’s rocked every current version. Back then bobs were too over the top, being over layered and over styled. Now bobs are on trend by keeping everything more one length, with longer angles around the face, and low maintenance styling. The now-outdated bob used to blown out with a round brush putting too much volume at the root, making the style appear very round and unflattering all over. Today’s bobs are cut so they can be air dried and worn with natural texture making it one of the top picks for easy chic hair. Or when blow drying, use your hands instead of a brush and then use a curling iron to get beachy waves and achieve trending cool-girl texture.
Step-by-step by makeup artist Tedrick LaMar
1. Fill in brows with NARS Brow Defining Cream in Tanami and brush product through with a spoolie to achieve a natural effect.
2. Contour forehead, cheekbones, and jawline with NARS Contour Highlighting Powder in Gienah for a chiseled look.
3. Highlight cheekbones with the lighter color from the same palette.
4. Use a bronze eyeliner such as Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Hustle to outline half of the lower lash line, extending shape to create a wing at the outer corner. Then softly smudge pigment onto lid.
5. Line lower and upper waterlines with a dark brown liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition.
6. Apply a volumizing mascara, such as Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, on outer top lashes. Coat lower lashes as well.
7. Finish with a light nude lipstick. Then outline with a darker nude color to create contrast and blend.
View original post by Yahoo Style & Beauty
Cinematographer: XO Creative via LoveStoriesTV